2018 EECO Conference Call for Presenters
"On board with Environmental Education"
April 12-15, 2018 • Maumee Bay State Park
Note: Presenters using technology should bring all equipment necessary for their session. This includes audio and video equipment, laptops, projectors, cables, and cords.
Proposals may be submitted until November 20th and will be rated according to the following criteria:
• The presentation should inform participants about proven practices or innovative new ideas for teaching environmental education concepts.
• The proposal should clearly explain what will occur during the session.
• The proposal should describe how participants will be engaged in the content being presented.
• The target audience for the presentation should be clearly identified (teachers and grade levels, administrators, agency staff, etc.)
• The presentation should demonstrate scientifically accurate content.
• The proposal should provide multiple sources of information when possible.
• The presenter should demonstrate a variety of opinions and, when possible, solutions to any environmental issues presented.
• The presenter should be able to maintain a safe environment for the participants at all times.
Lake Erie and Water Education: Presentations may focus on Lake Erie and educating students and adults about stormwater, nutrient loading or other issues relating to water.
STEM & Careers: Presentations in this strand should focus on programs and projects that inspire students to pursue an environmental career paths, as well as the resources that are available to make those connections to existing and future careers in the environment.
Strategic Growth for Organizations: Presentations should focus on strengthening, improving and sustaining organizations and their environmental education programs. Topics may include funding and philanthropy, staff development and volunteer coordination.
Outdoor Education and Natural History: Presentations should focus on opportunities, technologies, and techniques to help participants learn more about the outdoors and their local environment.
Sustainability and Energy: Presentations in this strand may address energy sources and uses as well as how energy choices affect our lives.
Please submit your session proposal by returning the attached application by November 20, 2017 to be included in the program. Electronic submissions are preferred and greatly appreciated. Please return submissions to Jeff Montavon, Ohio EPA - OEE, 50 West Town Street, Suite 700, Columbus, OH 43215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jeff Montavon at 614-644-3671. You will be notified of the status of your proposal in November. Thank you for your submission and we look forward to working with you!
Environmental Education Council of Ohio | P.O. Box 1004 | Lancaster, Ohio 43130-1004 | Office: 740-653-2649 | Cell: 740-215-3376 | email@example.com